Admission in MS Ramaiah College of Physiotherapy
Ramaiah Medical College (RMC) is a private medical college in Bangalore, Karnataka. It was started back in 1996. This institution is associated with Karnataka’s Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS).
The Department of Physiotherapy works with medical students and those studying related fields of study. They may grow and study together in a supportive academic atmosphere as a result. The students learn to appreciate and cooperate with various streams of health sciences through an integrated committee of artistic, intellectual, and athletic teams.
The college provides internationally recognised undergraduate (BPT), postgraduate (MPT), and PhD programs.
Courses in MS Ramaiah College of Physiotherapy
Bachelors in Physiotherapy (BPT)
Eligibility for Admission in MS Ramaiah College of Physiotherapy
Minimum 50% in their 12th board exams with physics, maths, biology, and chemistry as compulsory subjects.
Duration of Physiotherapy in MS Ramaiah College of Physiotherapy
4.5 years including a 6-month compulsory rotating internship.
40 students a year.
During the 6-month mandatory rotating internship, students work in the Paediatrics, OBG, and Orthopaedics wards, General Medicine and General Surgery wards as well as Neurology and Neurosurgery wards.
Course of Study
- Exercise Therapy
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
- Musculoskeletal & Sports Physiotherapy
- Orthopaedics & Traumatology
- Clinical Training III
- Cardiorespiratory & Physiotherapy
- Neurology & Neurosurgery
- Community Medicine
- Community Physiotherapy
- Research Methodology & Biostatistics
- Clinical Training IV
Masters in Physiotherapy (MPT)
Merit-based selection, followed by an Interview.
Duration : 2 years
20 students a year.
- Master of Physiotherapy in Musculoskeletal Disorders and Sports (MPT-MSS)
- Master of Physiotherapy in Neurological and Psychosomatic Disorders (MPT-NPD)
- Master of Physiotherapy in Cardio-Respiratory Disorders (MPT-CRD)
- Master of Physiotherapy in Paediatric Physiotherapy (MPT-PP.)
- Master of Physiotherapy in Community Physiotherapy (MPT-CP.)
Ph.D. IN PHYSIOTHERAPY from MS Ramaiah College of Physiotherapy
The Department of Physiotherapy also offers a Ph.D. in Physiotherapy with a guide-student ratio of 1:3.